- Before placing the load onto the tray of the truck or trailer, lay the rope across where the load will sit.
- Secure one end of the rope to an anchor point.
- Place the load on top of the rope so the rope is underneath the load.
- Pull the rope up from the secured end creating a loop.
- Take the non-secured end of rope and thread it through that loop.
- Pull the non-secured end to create a choke type effect on the load.
- Load the TiteTie onto the non-secured end, looping and locking the TiteTie onto the rope using the standard tying method.
- Pull the rope to tighten while simultaneously choking the load.
When using the TiteTie with this Load Choking method 4 times the tying power can be achieved, and a great ability to secure a wide range of cargo.
Load Choking is suitable for larger loads or when multiple items need securing. When using the TiteTie for this type of tie down, the job of choking becomes quicker, simple and easier to release.
The Load Choking method is suitable when tying down loads such as:
- Timber Planks
- Pipes and Guttering
- Canoe to Roof Racks
- Christmas Tree
- SkiesPrintable Version
Click on the image below to open a printer friendly version