Double Lashing & Hold Tie Down
- Secure the rope to the vehicle or trailer’s anchor point.
- Lash the rope over one end of the cargo.
- Load on one set of TiteTies, thread rope through anchor point and lock rope into the TiteTie’s lower hooks.
- Pull rope firmly to secure the cargo.
- Lash the remaining rope over the other end of the cargo.
- Load the second TiteTie on the opposite side the same as the first.
- Pull the rope firmly tensioning the rope and securing the cargo.
When pulling the rope on the second TiteTie the rope on first TiteTie will also side tightening the rope further and increasing the overall security of the cargo. With this tie down method the first TiteTie acts as a safety line if for some reason the cargo shifts or settles and the rope on the second TiteTie becomes slack. The Double Lashing & Hold Tie Down method is suitable for larger loads or when multiple items need securing. When using the TiteTie for this type of tie down, it can increase the tie down force by up to 4 times of a conventional rope tie down plus makes the job quicker, simple and easier to release.
The Double Lashing & Hold
Tie Down method is suitable when tying down loads such as:
- Garden Waste and Tools
- Building Supplies and Equipment
- Household Furniture
- Camping Equipment
- Farm Supplies and Equipment
Click on the image below to open a printer friendly version